Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reflective Snowmen

Hi all!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I was out of town visiting family, so I'm doing double duty playing catch-up.  This is my tag for Tim's November 12 Tags of 2012, for Linda's Compendium of Curiosities II Challenge #30, and for Simon Say Stamp's Challenge this week...Anything Goes! 

Linda has chosen 'Reflective Imagery' for this week's challenge.  You can find all the deets on page 55 of Tim's latest book, Compendium of Curiosities Vol II .  I'd love to share this awesome technique with you, but out of respect to Tim, you'll have to buy the book for all the juicy details.  (btw, totally worth it!).

I can, however, share how I created my November tag!  Using the Tag and Bookplates die, I cut a tag out heavy white cardstock.  I used Versamark on a Hero Arts stamp and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I didn't iron it like Tim did because I don't have a craft-dedicated iron.  I used Tumbled Glass and Fades Jeans Distress Ink to color the tag, then distressed and inked the edges, then flicked it all with water (always love those results!).  I cut 'Wishes' from Tim's Typeset die, then covered the letters with Faded Jeans Distress Stickles.

I've been loving sparkly blue this season, which you've probably gathered if you've seen some of my previous creations.  I think I must be in need of some icy coldness, because I really want the opportunity to bundle up in a blanket and usher in my creative holiday spirit!




 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Tomorrow kicks off week 31!  See you there :)



9 comments:

  1. Sooo adorable. Those are such fun frosty ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! I haven't had a chance to do this week's, boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag! I agree, I love those icy blue colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tag Julie! You have the perfect shade of blue on your background! I love the little snowmen too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful make, love the background colours trace. X

    ReplyDelete