Wednesday, November 21, 2012

CC2 Challenge #29

Hi all!  Cruising right along!  This week Linda has chosen the Texture Fade technique for our Compendium of Curiosities Vol II challenge.  You can find all the how-to's on page 64 of Tim's book of the same name.

I'm also entering this in Frilly and Funkie's challenge, Metal and Chipboard.  The chipboard is what I embossed, and the cool, metal snowflake I purchased from their Funkie Junkie Boutique.  .

I had a hard time capturing the true colors of this card.  It's so much brighter IRL.  The seam binding isn't black, but navy blue.  And I painted the snowflake with Snow Cap Paint Dabber, so it really is white.  Hmmm...maybe it's time I read my camera manual.  But that would take away from crafting time...nah.  I'm sure you all understand ;)


 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your comments :)

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a snowy sky to me!!! Love the pearls in the centers and of course the metal!!! Beautiful work! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love how you bling'd out the centers of your gorgeous snowflakes. Such a smart pairing to use the filigree flake from Linda's shop. Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie, Julie! Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love how your snowflakes turned out - you really captured a cold snowy night - makes me want some hot cocoa! Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the snowflakes they look amazing ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete