Thursday, September 6, 2012

Halloween Chaos Swap

Hello and welcome!  Over at my 'All Things Tim' yahoo group, we're having a Halloween Chaos swap.  It involves making tags of different sizes and assembling them onto a 12 x 12 canvas, done by our lovely hostess, Stacy (she rocks!).  There are eleven tag spots, therefore eleven people make up one canvas.  I love Halloween, so I've joined in two of them.  This tag is for my first group; it's size is 1 1/4" by 3 1/4".  I used Tim's Sizzix Die 'Tiny Tabs and Tags' and his Mini Bat and Skull Set, Kaiserkraft's new black roses, and I covered the whole thing with Rock Candy Distress Stickles.  I used Rock Candy Crackle Paint on the skull, along with some Black Soot Distress Ink.  It's hard to see, but the black roses are in a mini bottle filled with 'poison' ;)


 
 
For my second tag, I used the familiar #8 tag.  It's been inked, embossed, stenciled and sprayed.  The skull and the sentiment are both from Tim's new stamp set Mini Halloween 3.  I painted the Halloween Tokens (also Tim's) with his Pitch Black Paint Dabber, then sanded over the words.  I used his On The Edge - Iron Gate die with Grunge Paper, distressed it with Black Soot, and put a strip of Dresden trim over it.  It sits off the tag with foam adhesive.  I didn't use ribbons on either tag because we have to stay within the size of the tag (so as not to obstruct our next door neighbors' awesome artwork). 
 
 
 
I really like how they both turned out. I hope my fellow swappers do, too :)  I can't wait to see the final project!
 
Thanks for stopping by! 





1 comment: